The full conference program is at the printer, and will be distributed on site at the conference. You may view or download the .pdf here: Program ATJ-BLC 2009 final5/21/09: edited with updated version of program
Category Archives: Sunday
This session will be led by a panel of extraordinary volunteers who use their time and talent to increase support for legal aid in Washington. The recent dramatic downturn in the national and world economy occurred with a swiftness that virtually nobody predicted. Facing huge budget shortfalls, state and local government are looking at cutting social services and reducing funding for legal aid programs. Simultaneously, the demand for legal aid services is unprecedented throughout our state. Low-income people with critical legal problems in need of assistance are growing in numbers and desperation. Continue reading
Wondering where to stay in Yakima? We’ve got the answers! Room blocks are held at the Red Lion (509) 248-5900 and the Howard Johnson (509) 452-6511. But there’s a few important things to keep in mind about the hotels:
- Lodging is not included in the registration fees.
- You must make your own hotel reservations.
- Call the local numbers — not the toll-free numbers — and state that you are with The Access to Justice Conference or the WSBA Bar Leaders Conference to get conference rates.
- These blocks are released are released to the general public on April 30, so don’t delay booking your rooms.
- Red Lion Inn at (509) 248-5900, has conference rates of $88.95 for single occupancy and $98.95 for double occupancy.
- Howard Johnson Hotel (509) 452-6511, has conference rates of $82.95 single or double occupancy.